Every once in a while Sephora comes out with a make-up set that contains every expensive piece I’ve been coveting all year. Sometimes they are brilliant and sometimes (like the summer favorites bag I got last year that was choc-full of super samples) they’re less than stellar.
This box is one of the greats. With all of the names this advert was dropping I thought for sure these would be tins so tiny only a speck of product was inside. Being insane, I checked the size included with the full product size and crunched some numbers.
– 0.003 oz Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
– 0.25 oz Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional
– 0.05 oz Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara In Jet Black
– 1.7 oz Bumble And Bumble Surf Spray
– 0.34 oz Chloè by Chloè Rollerball
– 0.4 oz Formula X Nail Color in Ignite
– 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Rosè Tinted Lip Treatment
– 0.5 oz Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
– 0.16 oz Nars Cosmetics Blush in Orgasm
– 1 oz Smashbox Cosmetics Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Light
– 0.016 oz Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner In Intense Black
– 0.05 oz Urban Decay Eye shadow in Sin
These are the products inside and amount of product (I copy/pasted from the website). The Sugar Lip Treatment is half the size of a regular balm, and the They’re real is half the size of a deluxe sample. HOWEVER, the Chloe roller ball seems to have more product than a full size AND most of the products are full size. The Argan oil, surf spray, and Porefessionals are all deluxe samples which are also listed on their website, I used the listed price in my calculations and the items that had less were about half so I took the full sized price and divided by two. My result? This $75 kit is worth a whopping $220.50!